Sunday 3 April 2011

Time for some tough love

Learning from my recent experience of some of my seedlings becoming weak and leggy, I didn't want my Broad Beans (Sutton) and Peas (Early Onward) to become weak by too much pampering. So on 21.3.2011 it was time for some tough love. I have two mini 'blowaway' cold greenhouses so I started moving them into here in the daytime, bringing them back in for the still very cold night times to harden off. They seem to have coped well with this. 

I also started chitting 5 x Charlotte seed potatoes (First Earlies) reading for planting in a few weeks. 


If I am honest I was far too lazy to do anything else even though there were more things I could be sowing or pots I could be getting ready to be able to move seedlings into.  It was frustrating that I could only really do things at the weekend with it being dark by the time I got home from work. With a busy job I really didn't want to spend my whole weekend just gardening. Need to find some motivation from somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment