Wednesday 6 April 2011

Relocation, relocation and some unwanted guests

Well today has been a beautiful spring day. Temperatures reached a positively balmy 21 degrees and my plants enjoyed clear blue skies and blazing sunshine. Coming home from work I saw straight away that the pots needed watering. I really must get into the habit of getting up a little earlier to do this before leaving for work, especially if I know it will be a warm day so that my poor plants do not wilt in the heat. So after giving them all a much needed drink I noticed that something has been nibbling at my peas and broad beans. Here is the evidence:





I can see that there is some silvery residue left on some of the pea leaves that almost looks like slug/snail trails. But slugs and snails are nowhere in sight and there isn't any sort of trail leading to the peas. Does anyone have ANY ideas what has caused this?
All veg now relocated to the front of the house to get more sun!
Tomatoes in their home on the sunny kitchen windowsill
Red Pepper plants
Close up of a red pepper plant
Chillis, Red Peppers and Tomatoes on the sunny windowsills upstairs. Although not sure which are chillis and which are peppers now. Oops!
OK - so both plants are supposed to be tomatoes but the plant on the left has totally different leaves to all of the other tomato plants. Supposed to be Gardeners Delight. Any ideas on what has happened here?
A closer view of the (apparently) Gardeners Delight Tomato plant
And a close up of the other more 'normal' Gardeners Delight tomato
Red Chilli Plants
Red Chilli Plants
So I have relocated all veg to the front of the house to make the most out of the sunny afternoons. With the sun still being quite low in the sky the patio in the back garden doesn't get that much sun yet before it moves behind the house. As the seasons progress and the sun gets higher I will be able to have more veg in the back too.


I hope that moving them to the front will give them a growth spurt, but also, possible stop whatever has been nibbling my peas and broad beans. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment